Flag Football Fun
On Tuesday nights I play in a co-ed flag football league. Here are my fancy-feet cleats! Yes, I am aware they are soccer cleats. I am not that intense, and I don’t think it affects my football game. I had never played football before I started on this team a few years ago, and I had to be bribed to join (they are desperate for girls.) I am so glad that I did! I highly suggest joining a fun sports league.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Provides variety to your workouts, and gets you out of the gym
- Great way to meet other active people and socialize
- Good for non-linear movement; a lot of team sports like football, volleyball, even ultimate frisbee provide a totally different and organic range of motion that will have you working out stabilizing muscles
- Motivation of your team to push you
- Quick thinking and reaction will have you working those fast twitch muscle fibers
- Lean new skills, add ’em to the resume!
My team wanted to go to Boston Pizza for some post game treats (well deserved after our 2-for-2 wins). This ran a little long, so I wasn’t able to get my usual post-flag workout in. I was disappointed, but I will do some shuffling and make it happen this week! I don’t always have time for my workouts, but I will always MAKE time. At least I still got some activity in, football is great for sprints! At the bar, I opted for water with lemon and passed on beer & pizza. I am gluten free so this makes things a little easier, but there were also some appetizers on the table I chose not to indulge in. I do have cheats, and eat some ‘unclean’ things, but I make sure they are damn worth it & planned! Besides, I knew I had a fantastic PWO Cookie Sandwich waiting to me made when I got home. Let me tell you… It was worth the wait! Check out my PWO Peanut Butter Cookie with Chocolate Avocado Icing!