PWO Peanut Butter Cookie with Chocolate Avocado Icing
Day 2 PWO Cookie Sandwich was a success! If you know me, you know I have an addiction to nut butter. So with that in mind please accept my bias, but these were freakin’ amazing! How am I going to top this for the rest of the week?! Behold the Peanut Butter Cookie with Chocolate Avocado Mousse Icing. Look at that photo; a thing of beauty, like a peanut-y mountain with chocolate mudslides that I want to climb all over. Sorry – too far… But the cookie was so crunchy on the outside, yet soft on the inside, the icing was creamy deliciousness. Made with all nicely nutritious ingredients.
- 1 T Almond Flour
- 1 T Coconut Flour
- 1 T Natural Chunky Peanut Butter
- 2 T Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 T Egg Whites
- 2 T Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1 T 100% Cocoa Powder
- 2 squares 85% Dark Chocolate
- 1 t Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Acocado
- 2 T Reduced Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 T Honey
- For the cookies, combine all ingredients. Batter will be thick!
- Make two equal mounds on parchment paper.
- Cook at 350 for 10 minutes or so. (Just keep an eye on them – I am bad at watching the clock)
- For the icing, melt the cocoa powder, dark chocolate, and coconut oil. Watch carefully, because chocolate burns very quickly.
- In a blender, combine 1/2 avocado, coconut milk & honey until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate, and some stevia to taste.
- Create your sandwich, and try to document this thing of beauty before you devour it!
As with all my PWO cookies this week, I just make enough for 1 batch = 2 cookies, 1 icing. However there is usually some extra icing, which I usually lick directly from the bowl, yum.