PWO Chocolate Cookie VS Chocolate Cookie
So I said I would post all of my PWO cookies good or bad… Well, this one was a fail! I’ve never tried to make mint icing before. It was a tough one – mint extract is so strong! After taste testing the icing I knew it wasn’t going to cut it, but I was out of yogurt, uhg. I wanted to see if the chocolate cookie could save it, but just in case the result was truly inedible I created a backup: PWO Chocolate Cookie with Coconut Icing. Just as I suspected, the mint mush (pictured at the top) was garbage. Luckily I had option #2 to get my post workout nutrients in.
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein
- 1/2 c Oats
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1 t Psyllium Husk
- 2 T Apple Sauce (unsweetened)
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 T Almond Milk (unsweetened)
Icing (the good one) Ingredients:
- Coconut Milk
- Shredded Coconut
- Sweetener (if desired)
- Combine all of the cookie ingredients. You can add some stevia for sweetness, but I find that my chocolate protein powder is sweet enough as it is.
- Bake for about 13 minutes at 350.
- For the icing I just mixed in some unsweetened coconut flakes in with chilled coconut milk. I didn’t have much of a sweet tooth last night, so I didn’t add any type of sweetener.
This cookie was nothing to write home about, but it was super clean & I would much rather eat a cookie than drink a protein shake. I like to chow down on my calories, nom nom nom.
If you have any tips for making mint based icing, help me out! Chocolate/Mint combo is a close second behind Nut Butter/ANYTHING for me 🙂