PWO Matcha Macadamia Cookie with Blueberry Icing
Day 5: Hello monster cookie! This colourful cookie sandwich makes me happy – PWO Matcha Macadamia Cookie with Blueberry Icing. It was much more cake like than cookie, but that’s fine by me. I ate this bad boy with a fork. I regularly drink Matcha green tea powder, but it is also a fun ingredient to bake with. I love the taste & the colour is so fun! I use DōMatcha™, here are some of the health benefits:
- Raise your energy level for up to 6 hours with no negative side effects
- Induce a state of calmness and mental alertness
- Boost metabolism by 35 to 40% in regular consumers and help control body weight
- Contain up to 137 times more of the potent antioxidant EGCG than steeped green tea
- Help regulate healthy blood sugar levels
- Support healthy cholesterol levels within a normal range
- Act as a strong blood detoxifier and alkalizer
- Support healthy teeth and gums
Now get yourself some!
- 2 T Quinoa Flour
- 1 t Matcha Powder
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Macadamia Nuts Crushed
- 2 T Apple Sauce (unsweetened)
- 1 t Xanthm Gum
- Plain 0% Greek Yogurt
- Crush up macadamia nuts & combine cookie ingredients.
- Let sit for a minute to let xanthm gum do its job and thicken the mix up.
- Form into 2 cookies and bake at 350 for 10ish minutes.
- For the icing I used frozen blueberries (TIP – make sure to use defrost settings instead of heat on a microwave, makes for less mushiness.) Make sure that there is no sugar added when buying frozen fruit.
- Mix the blueberries with the yogurt and admire the beautiful swirls of purple. I love this colour as well.
- Ice up your cookies & eat with a fork, unless your ready to get down and dirty with your monster cookie.