Vanilla Strawberry Protein Pancakes
Lazy Sundays are the best time for protein pancakes! What we have here are some Strawberry Vanilla Protein Pancakes. Confession time: this adorable pancake breakfast set up is all a sham. It was not breakfast for two, it was all mine! Muhaha. I split it into two plates 1. for style points 2. a stack of six pancakes gets a little unstable. BUT the macros for the recipe are so good that you can eat these two portions no problem-o.
REGULAR HUMAN PORTION: 225 CAL / 2 g FAT / 15.8 g CARB / 34.5 g PRO
ROBYN SIZED PORTION: 450 CAL / 4 g FAT / 31.6 g CARB / 69 g PRO
- 1 scoop About Time Whey Protein (I used birthday cake flavored)
- 2 T Coconut Flour
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1 t Psyllium Husk
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 c Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- 1/3 c Cottage Cheese 1%
- Coconut Oil
- 100 g Strawberries (Fresh & Local, i.e. the best, if possible)
- 6 oz Plain Greek Yogurt 0%
- Combine pancake ingredients, adding enough almond milk to get a slightly runny texture & stevia to your liking.
- For the topping cut up some fresh and local strawberries for the best flavor. Mine were super sweet, so I didn’t have to add anything the mixture. Mash up those berries to get some nice colour in your fluff.
- Cook over med-low heat in some coconut oil.
- This made me 6 small pancakes. If you consume quickly the cottage cheese is all melty and delicious inside of the pancaked.
- Eat 3, or 6 depending on how beast-ish you are. Enjoy!
Ahh, let’s just admire these pancakes below, and pretend that today is not Monday…