Chocolate Protein Bread
I like to have a ‘treat’ as my PWO fuel because it helps push me through my workout knowing that something delicious is waiting for me at the end! I love how by using all the same ingredients in a different way you can get a totally different result. I just acquired a new loaf pan, so a protein bread was a must. This was my very first attempt, and it turned out great – Chocolate Protein Bread. The apple sauce and coconut oil combo keep this bread so moist. The chocolate flavour wasnt overpowering because I used vanilla protein & 100% cocoa powder. I’m sure the flavor combo can easily be changed up. I’ll be sure to try a new one next time because I am definitely making this fella again!
- 1 c Oats
- 2 Scoops About Time Whey Protein (I used Birthday Cake, only because I didn’t have chocolate)
- 1/2 t Baking Soda
- 1/4 t Salt
- 3 T Cacao Powder (100%)
- 4 Egg Whites
- 5.5 oz Apple Sauce (Unsweetened)
- 1 T Coconut Oil
- 1/2 c Almond Milk (Unsweetened)
- Sweetener (I used stevia, both powdered and liquid)
- I used whole oats, but you can grind them up for a smoother texture in your bread.
- Combine oats, protein, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- Add in liquid ingredients. Be sure to melt coconut oil ahead of time.
- Add sweetener to your preference.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean in the middle.
- Slice into 8 pieces & eat at LEAST 1 while still warm!
The macros on this bad boy are amazing (calculated here per slice). I had a lot of macros to finish this day, so I ended up eating 4 – topped with sunflower seed butter! UH-MAZING! Drooling just thinking about it…