Super easy appetizer or side for any meal! I just sliced up a zucchini and put it under the broiler for a bit. Flipped ’em over, topped with a little goat cheese and fresh ground black pepper, and cooked a little longer.
Benefits of Zucchini
- Low in calories, high in protein & fiber
- Loaded with potassium, beta-carotene & vitamin C
- High water content & mild flavor makes it great for cooking/baking (easy to sneak past even the pickiest of eaters)
Sunday is my meal prep day. I eat the same thing for lunch & dinner Monday through Friday; this just makes my life easier. Having all of the components prepped ahead of time is so convenient. I am usually so hungry by the time I’m done work, if I had to spend a lot of time preparing my meal I would end up snacking on everything in sight.
On the menu this week:
- Homemade Gluten Free Tortillas
- Baby Shrimpies in Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste (new favourite!)
- Cabbage Slaw with EVOO & Vinegar dressing
- Wasabi Mustard (literally just mustard with wasabi in it)
Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Mash
- Equal Parts Sweet Potato & Pure Pumkin
- Cinnamon & a little Stevia
- Lean Turkey Meatballs
- Cilantro Greek Yogurt Dressing
Zucchini with Goat Cheese & Black Pepper
For dinner recipes check out the recipe page!
I love my asparagus! Today I cooked it under the broiler and just topped with some freshly squeezed lemon juice. So simple. So yummy. So healthy! This was my first time cooking it this way, and they turned out pretty good. Maybe a tad overdone. I usually steam or bake them.
Benefits of Asparagus
- Good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K.
- Full of antioxidants.
- Acts as a diuretic, and rids the body of excess salt.
- + many more, so eat up the ‘gus & see some gains!
For dinners this week I pre-made a bunch of my Lean Turkey Meatballs. I served 3 over spinach, stir-fried mushrooms (cooked in nothing), with my Cilantro Greek Yogurt Dressing. I also ate some asparagus & goat cheese topped zucchini with this dinner.
Lean Turkey Meatballs
- 2 packages Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 c Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 1 T Cumin
- 1/2 c Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 4 Egg Whites
- You can easily half this recipe, but I made enough for 3 meatballs for dinner Monday – Friday + some for freezing.
- Combine all of the ingredients and roll out onto 2-3 inch wide balls. Depending how big you make them you will have roughly 20-25 balls.
- I made some on a baking sheet and some I put in a muffin tin. Both works!
- Cook at 375 for about 20 minutes, or until done. I sliced some of the big guys open to check.
Cilantro Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 c Plain 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 t Cumin
- 1/4 c Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 c Apple Cider Vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 of a Lime
- Combine ingredients to your liking. I honestly didn’t measure this, just adjust amounts until you find a taste you like!
- Create a bigger batch and store in the fridge for the week.