Clean Eating – The Lifestyle
The goal is to rid the body of toxins by removing all chemicals from the diet. Eat to nourish your body with food of nutritional value. You do this by eating as close to nature as possible. Mainly whole foods – cut out the processed crap-ola! Feel fabulous, look fabulous, be fabulous.
Clean your life up by:
- Eating whole foods. Straight from mother nature herself. The fewer ingredients the better. Fruits and vegetables, whole grains, grass-fed and free-range meats, low fat dairy products, unsalted nuts, and seeds. Buy raw – cook that shiz yourself!
- Putting down the processed ‘food’: Read ingredients – if you can’t pronounce it, you don’t want to put it in your body. Avoid foods that have been altered in any way. These ‘processes’ remove nutrients & add unnecessary junk to our already fantastic, flavourful food.
- Stepping away from the refined sugar. It provides nothing but empty calories. This is a big one for me – check out my post on sugar here. Sugar is everywhere under many sneaky names and can be hard to avoid unless you’re consciously looking for it.
- Drinking (a crazy amount of) water. How ever much you’re drinking, I say it’s not enough! Drink up! No other beverage can replace water. Check out my obsession with water here.
- Eating balanced meals. A combination of protein, carbs both complex & fibrous, and healthy fats will keep you satisfied. Feeding your body properly will keep you full longer and won’t tempt you to cheat or binge.
- ‘Nuff Nutrients: Food is the best way to get all of your essential nutrients. This will reflect on all aspects of your life – how you sleep, your skin, your hair, your mood, your energy level, your motivation. It all starts in the kitchen.
- Stay Satisfied: When you give your body the nourishment it requires you won’t be hungry, so you will be less tempted by junk. No need to starve yourself! There is so much metabolic damage to be done when you aren’t eating enough calories to support your body. Clean eating gets your metabolism running at full tilt.
- Lean Machine: It’s a lifestyle, not a diet. Once adjusted, it is easy to eat this way for life thus maintaining a healthy weight. So you will be rockin’ that all season bod.
- Au Natural: This is the way our bodies are programmed to eat. Avoiding artificial ingredients keeps your cells strong so your body systems work efficiently. A well oiled machine performs well under any circumstances, feel great all of the time!
Take it one step at a time. It may be a big change for you, but eventually you will get there and it will become second nature to you. Once you recognize how fantastic your body can feel I bet you will be hooked! You are healing & beautifying from the inside out.